All the Back on Track horse blankets are therapeutic, and are made from a fabric which contains polyester thread embedded with a fine ceramic powder. It is designed to reflect the horse’s own body heat back into the body in the form of far infrared waves, which is a thermal heat.
Benefits of far infrared waves:
- Increases blood circulation and oxygen supply to tissues
- Reduces muscle spasms and general muscle pain and discomfort
- Reduces lactic acid in over worked muscles
- Reduces inflammation and swelling
- Relaxes horses that are nervous and tense
- Speeds up recovery in between events or races
The blanket can be used to warm up muscles before exercising thereby reducing the risk of strains or injury. Most importantly they can expedite the recovery from established injuries. The blankets are helpful for all horses but especially those with muscle problems in the shoulder or back. Horses that have cold backs will benefit greatly.
To get the correct size measure from the wither to the tail.